Saturday, July 24, 2010

4-H/FAIR RESULTS


My 4-H girls did well in their county fair--both received a blue in their class, both were considered for higher honors and one of the girls ended up winning Grand Champion in her class. There were over 100 entries in their project. They are already talking about next year's project. Thanks to those ofyou who reviewed their shots and helped with selection. You can see their photo boards by looking through my archive for "4-H Photography" The lighter blue board is the one that received Grand Champion.

In my local county fair I was pleased to get a Reserve Champion with an Ohio landscape shot, an Honorable Mention in Manipulated Photos and blue ribbons in 5 other categories. This little county fair gets close to 1000 photo entries each year.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to everyone!

    If this shot was only reserve champ, the winner must really be something, because yours is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Ohio shot is so iconic of the Midwest. I love the roll of the land with the rolled hay. Congratulations all around!
    It is so cool that 4-H is evolving, did I tell you that there is a rocket science (aka blow stuff up safely) 4-H group here led by a retired Boeing guy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, ladies!

    I am in awe of your farm scene...

    ReplyDelete