Saturday, March 27, 2010

Fun Stuff


A photo I entered in the Indiana Agriculture Department contest won first place in the Water Uses division. The shot is an old one taken a few years ago during a day at my sister's farm. Our now eight year old grandson climbed into our canoe with his fishing pole and a promise from his mom and aunt. The little guy waited patiently for 45 minutes before the girls were ready to take him for the promised canoe ride. This week we traveled to Indiana for a reception with the Lt. Governor to introduce the photos and photographers who placed in the contest. I'm not sure if our grandson was more pleased about being in the winning photo, getting to have lunch downtown in Indianapolis, meeting the Lt. Governor or getting to cut an afternoon of school. Who am I kidding--he liked getting out of school!

7 comments:

  1. Typical boy! Ha! I am sure he was thrilled to death to go with you...look at that smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting and wonderful that he got to share this with you. I really like the photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great thing to be able to share. Your photo is a wonderful image. No surprise that it is an award winner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Sounds like a fine time and I love that them you got to go shooting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. That really is a prize winning photo. It is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Congratulations! It reminds me of a Norman Rockwell and I love your story to go with it. Well done...

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! That is a cool image!!

    ReplyDelete